1. Most of the technology in Defiance is centered around Arktech, which is a name for alien chunks of metal that have been enhanced. Arktech is used to create powerful weapons, armor and Environmental Guardian Online implants, also known as EGO. EGO implants are what allows characters in Defiance to have special abilities.
2. As a player in Defiance, you are known as an Ark Hunter, a soldier in midst of a war who is searching for Arktech. The characters in SyFy’s television series will aid you in your adventures, including Karl Von Bach, who heads the starting Ark Hunter mission.
3. Players will be able to use their EGO system to perform super-human feats and put up defensive systems. Different EGO powers have different uses. Blur, for example, increases movement speed and the capacity to dodge and mitigate damage. Overcharge allows players to supercharge their weapons, cause extra damage and instantly reload.
4. Dynamic events are going to be a large part of the game. Dynamic events are unpredictable occurrences in the game world that can happen anywhere and encourage players to band together to take out enemies in order to win the spoils of war– rare and powerful Arktech. More information can be read here
5. There are two playable races in Defiance: Human and Irathient. The Irathient race is one of seven Votan races, which is another name for the larger classification of alien races that are found beyond Earth. Many of the NPCs and television characters in Defiance will belong to the different Votan races.
6. There are no classes in Defiance. Instead, players are able to customize their playstyles based on their EGO powers and what technology and weapons they have available. Armor modifications, crafted weapons and portable defense screens are also customizable.
7. While Defiance is a shooter MMO, players will still gain experience and levels which is the same as in the Heroes of the Storm as seen in http://www.heroesofthestormbuildguide.com. Gaining levels will allow players to learn more powerful EGO powers and equip better technology and weapons.
8. Every player in Defiance will be able to summon a personal vehicle to ride. Most vehicles are similar to ATVs. There will also be group vehicles.
9. Defiance is available for PS3, XBOX 360 and PC. On the PC, players will use WASD controls similar to most MMORPGs.
10. Defiance will launch April 2, 2013 and is now available for pre-order. Pre-orderers will gain early access to the game. The television show will begin airing on April 15th. Right now the game is accepting closed beta applicants.